The Qualia Softening SMP Nerve Cuff is an advanced peripheral nerve cuff developed as a collaboration between Microprobes for Life Science and Qualia Labs. These cuffs feature a proprietary shape memory polymer (SMP) substrate that softens by two orders of magnitude following implantation to reduce tissue strain and chronic nerve trauma. Before coming into contact with tissue, the cuff material is flat and rigid for easy handling and implantation. Each cuff additionally features leads by Microprobes for Life Science, which use a multi-stage construction to optimize flexibility, light weight, and durability where it is needed most.
- Each cuff features flexible contacts and leads manufactured using semiconductor fabrication processes to achieve exacting, precise, and well characterized electrode surfaces.
- Rigid initial flexibility and integrated suture holes make implantation simple and fast.
- Cuff material quickly softens after implantation, minimizing mechanical strain on the nerve and allowing contacts to conform more closely with tissue topography.
- Leads are bonded using a light weight and durable conductive adhesive using a proprietary process, minimizing physical and mechanical impact.
- Leads feature tight microwire coiling, lightweight silicone encapsulation, and reinforced bond points, with design tailored to your specific application and needs.
- A wide variety of connector and pedestal options are available.